- This article from TheWineDoctor.com will tell you how to taste wine like a professional.
- For a closer look at the dos and don’ts of wine tasting, check out this guide from WineCountry.com.
- Wine-About.com discusses the different types of wine and what makes each kind unique.
- This article from Scotch-Whisky.org will answer the question, “What is scotch whisky?”
- If you want to experience the world of scotch whisky, check out this website to learn how to drink scotch.
- Respect the Wine: Whether tasting a $5 bottle of wine or a $50 bottle of wine, respect each wine you taste and take your time to appreciate its nuances. Our wine specialists are happy to tell you what to look for in each wine you sample, but it’s most important to taste each glass slowly. Also, chugging wine is not considered good form.
- Use the Spit Bucket: Newcomers are often confused about the spit bucket. As odd as it may seem, the spit bucket is a completely accepted part of the wine tasting experience. People typically spit out wine after tasting because they are sampling many different wines and don’t want to become too inebriated, especially in a wine store. If you’re planning on drinking all of the wine you taste, have a designated driver accompany you home.
- Remember Basic Table Manners: It may seem obvious, but basic table manners are an important part of wine tasting etiquette. If you conduct yourself as you would at a dinner party, you will help to create a comfortable environment that other guests will be happy to be a part of. Above all else, remember to be respectful of others while having fun and don’t hesitate to ask questions about the wine you are sampling.
- Know their Tastes: Scotch drinkers can be fairly particular, so try to figure out a little bit about their tastes before heading to the wine store. Look around their liquor cabinets and listen to them talk about scotch for some hints. The staff at Stirling Fine Wines will be able to help you select the perfect scotch based on the information you provide.
- Go for the Homerun: If you really want to wow someone, go for a top-shelf bottle of scotch like the Glenfiddich single malt 30-year scotch whisky or the Chivas Regal blended 25-year bottle. The complex palates of these prestigious aged scotch whiskys will impress even the most discerning scotch drinker.
- Find Helpful Accessories: The world of whisky is full of dazzling accessories that every scotch enthusiast would love to add to his or her collection. For example, if the person regularly takes scotch to a friend’s house or attends whisky social meetings, a bottle tote is just the thing.
If you’re looking for a great gift for the scotch enthusiast in your life, call Stirling Fine Wines at (908) 649-0084 or stop by and let our friendly staff help you find the perfect bottle. While you’re here, we invite you to participate in one of our fun and educational wine tastings. For more information about our recent blog topics, check out these helpful resources from around the web:
As one of the premier wine stores in New Jersey and New York, Stirling Fine Wines takes great pride in helping our customers learn how to better enjoy and appreciate wine. Although our wine tastings are set in a casual and laidback atmosphere, there is a bit of etiquette to remember as you participate.
To learn more about our in-store wine tastings, contact us online or call (908) 649-0084. As a premier discount wine store in NJ and NY, we carry the best wines from France, Italy, Germany, the United States, and across the globe.
The holiday season is approaching, and that means it’s time to visit your local wine store to pick up some great gifts for friends and family members. While it’s easy to shop for the wine connoisseurs in your life, it can be tricky to shop for the scotch enthusiasts. Fortunately, Stirling Fine Wines has gotten to know scotch drinkers and how to shop for them in the 15 years we've been in business, so check out our helpful tips:
For more tips, stop by Stirling Fine Wines today. Serving New Jersey and New York, Stirling Fine Wines is a value-oriented spirit and wine store that proudly offers the best selection and lowest prices available. We can even ship your order right to your front door! If you have any questions, contact us online or dial (908) 649-0084.
Although wine has been around for over 8,000 years, not much has changed in the wine making process. Wine making technology has certainly become more advanced, but the basic principles remain the same. In this clip from the popular television show How It’s Made, you’ll learn how a bottle of your favorite wine is produced.
It all starts with the grapes. In fact, the quality of the grapes is largely what determines the quality of the wine. After the grapes are harvested, they are crushed and poured into stainless steel tanks where fermentation turns the grape juice into wine.
If this video has tickled your taste buds, stop by Stirling Fine Wines, New Jersey’s preferred choice for wine and spirits. If you can’t make it into our store, check out our online wine store or call us today at (908) 649-0084.
Do you like Stirling Fine Wines?
For 15 years we have provided our customers with the best service, selection, and most importantly the lowest prices available. We are your 1st choice for discount Wine and Spirits! Check out our online store and get free shipping on select items. For more information, give us a call at (908) 649-0084 today!
- 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Sunday
- 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday
- 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Tuesday
- 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Wednesday
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM Thursday
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM Friday
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM Saturday